sweet potato loaf
Easy enough to make and pretty tasty!
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt; add to creamed mixture just until blended (batter will be thick). Combine sweet potatoes and milk; stir into batter until blended. Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.